Bison Bones Overview:
- Approximately 3 lbs. RAW bison bones
- Femur Bones including marrow
- Great to use for broths & stocks.
Bison Bones with Marrow for making stocks & broth.
Approximately 3 lbs. of Bison Bones with marrow for use in making Bison Broth or Stock.
Making Bison Bone Broth:
Roast Bison Bones at 300*F for 30 minutes. Add preferred vegetables (onion, carrot, celery) and bones to slow cooker. Add 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp. salt, garlic (optional), and a sprinkling of rosemary (optional). Cover bones completely with water. Cook on low for 36 hours. Strain. Store in airtight containers in fridge (few days max) or freezer (for up to a few months). After cooling, you will need to scrape off a layer of fat before re-heating.
Use Bone Broth for:
- Drinking for nutritional benefits
- Making Gravy
- Cooking (use in place of bouillon cubes or broth/stock in recipes)