The following is our statement on the COVID-19 outbreak:
We are proud to work with a butchering facility / processing plant that already adheres to exceptionally high standards in their work and is now adding further precautions during this time. You can see their full statement below.
If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-665-8757 and we'll be happy to speak with you further.
Thank you for choosing us as your bison, elk and beef provider. We do not take this honor lightly and want to continue to be a trusted source for years to come.
For a statement from FedEx:
We ship all packages via FedEx. To see their statement, click here.
Below is the statement from our processing plant, Frontiere Natural Meats:
"As a Safe Quality Food (SQF) Level 2 and USDA Organic certified processing facility, we already follow strict protocols for safety and cleanliness. The developing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation reinforces the need to maintain our high hygienic standards while examining ways we can do even better. The health and well-being of our employees, partners and customers is our top priority.
On top of following general guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local public health organizations—such as providing easy access to sanitizers and cleaners, asking sick employees to stay home, and keeping an informed, proactive ear to the evolving situation—we want to take the opportunity to outline how excellent sanitation practices already inform our daily operation:
1. At the end of each shift, our work crews thoroughly wash down and sterilize all production areas.
2. Each morning begins with a pre-operational sanitation review conducted by our Quality Control department. Equipment, tools and the overall cleanliness of our production rooms are inspected. Production cannot begin until everything passes inspection.
3. Employees are provided clean garments on a daily basis. This includes gloves, disposable sleeves, disposable aprons, hair nets, beard nets and helmets.
4. We use a chlorine-based sanitizer Monday through Thursday for all equipment. On Fridays, an ammonia-based sanitizer is used
5. Mid-day washdowns are performed along with the re-sanitizing of conveyers and grinders when changing species production.
6. At the end of each day, cleanup begins for preparation of overnight washdown operation mentioned above.
7. Each night after washdown and before the next day's inspection, we run a Hydroxyl Air Purifier system to treat the air and kill bacteria and viruses.
These protocols are already among the best in the industry. To reassure both our staff and our customers, we have started implementing the following additional safeguards:
1. Sanitation systems are being installed throughout the building, including all entrances, the front desk, all floors, and the break room.
2. All plant tours are canceled. Outside guests are no longer allowed inside production areas.
3. We are enhancing point-of-contact cleanings throughout the entire building (i.e. bannisters, doorknobs, table tops, etc.).
4. Hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes and antibacterial hand wash have been provided to employees and are available in all bathrooms.
5. Sick employees cannot return to work without their doctor's approval. We will boost employee sick pay and assist with additional copays as needed.
6. We are installing additional Hydroxyl Air Purifiers throughout the building, such as entrances and break rooms."